[amsat-bb] Re: Best HT's for sats?

Tony Langdon vk3jed at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 20:30:57 PST 2008

At 12:51 PM 4/4/2008, Mark Vandewettering wrote:

>I've been using a TH-D7A and an Arrow antenna.  Works
>great, no problem with desense, and it's fun to use
>the APRS stuff to bounce packets off ISS, Go-32 and NO-44.
>It's not the most glamorous, but it works very well for
>satellites, and I have no hesitation in recommending it
>for that.

I've always gone the 2 HT route, mainly because I have never owned a
full duplex capable HT.  I'm another who is a big believer in full
duplex operation on the sats.  It gives you a LOT more insight into
what's happening on the bird.  I can operate without full duplex, but
I prefer not to.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com