[amsat-bb] Re: AO-27 scheduler

George Henry ka3hsw at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 30 20:54:02 PDT 2007

At the present time, the only way is to compare the Analog Medium
transponder "on" times from the 24-hour listing (which are UTC, by the way)
with the times for visible passes at your QTH.  No one program available
today will give both.

The Java program that my son wrote for me gives you the ability to see the
satellite's current state, as well as the 24-hour listing, without having to
have internet access (except to update the data files occasionally).  The
best part is, you can look ahead at any future date (assuming the
satellite's on-board schedule doesn't change), which you CAN'T do from the
AO-27 website.  It is available to download at
http://www.cs.rit.edu/~cjh9783/programs/satsched.php .  It's free, but feel
free to make a donation to AMSAT if you find it useful.  Make sure you
update the data files from the File menu the first time you run it.

73,
George, KA3HSW