[amsat-bb] SUD (Small Ugly Dish)

Eric H. Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Sun Sep 30 16:20:24 PDT 2007

I just got back from a walk around the neighborhood with the wife
(KI4IWS).  For some reason she led us off our usual path and took us
down a street we usually don't walk on.  I noticed a hunk of metal on
the side of the road and when we got close I noted it was a DirectTV
dish being thrown out.  Upon further inspection it was one of those
newer ones with the three LMBs on board.

Now to my 60cm dish...  It is too small to support 1.2GHz because the
1.2GHz patch would block most of the dish and would prevent most of the
signal from even entering the dish.

Back to my "new" dish...  Being that it is an offset dish, is 1.2GHz
possible with this dish?  Anyone tried this?

73s,
Eric Christensen, W4OTN
AMSAT Area Coordinator - Southeastern Virginia USA
AMSAT Member 35360
http://www.ericsatcom.net

Donate to the Eagle Fund - http://www.amsat-na.com/donation.php?donate=eagle