[amsat-bb] How to ship a KLM-2m-14C?

Peter Sils kd0aa at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 29 09:26:15 PDT 2007

I hope the group can offer some advice as to how to ship a used KLM 2m-14C and a Cushcraft 738Xb.
  I have bought these antennas at a good price but the owner can not break them down to a manageable size that will allow for reasonable shipping. He stated the smallest size (without cutting the boom) is 72" and the shipping companies want an arm and a leg for that length.
  I am sure that many in this group have gone through this and I truly would appreciate the advice to forward to my seller so he can ship them to me.
  I really want these antennas and have already paid for them but need to help the seller.
  Any and all advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
  Peter KD0AA

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.