[amsat-bb] Re: Running Rotors on A/C Inverters ?

Reicher, James JReicher at hrblock.com
Mon Sep 24 06:54:19 PDT 2007

I've had good results running my HD73 rotor, using a 300W inverter,
purchased from a big-box store discounter, for about $40.

I bought it initially to run a 13" TV with a built-in VCR in the car for
my harmonics when on long trips.  It uses a lot more wattage (140 watts)
than the rotor does and I've never had an issue with it cutting out or
blowing a fuse.

73 de N8AU, Jim in Raymore, MO

Light travels faster than sound...  This is why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak.