[amsat-bb] Re: Terrestrial QRM to FM satellites

Tony Langdon vk3jed at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 16:10:32 PDT 2007

At 08:07 AM 9/21/2007, Stephan Andre' wrote:

>And that 144.0 - 144.1 is cw only in the USA.  I'd bet that this person didn't
>understand both the technical and social aspects of the rules and bandplans.

It's reserved here for EME only, which is probably the case for
pretty much all of the world.  The graphic representation of our
bandplan says CW only, but the text note just says EME (which would
give latitude for non CW EME activity).  So essentially the same
would apply here too.

As I said, cases like you mention, education should be the first
step.  In my experience, education resolves 95-99% of these issues,
as it's usually out of ignorance that these things happen.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com