[amsat-bb] Re: Terrestrial QRM to FM satellites

John Marranca, Jr jmarranca at bnsystems.com
Thu Sep 20 12:57:52 PDT 2007

Hello all.  I, too, have noticed this happen.  I saw it first at the
Rochester Hamfest this year when Rich N2SPI was giving his demo on the birds
(...this is how I became interested in ham sats).  During his excellent
demo, two hams were chatting about pizza, and the like.  I can recall this
happening during the Mode K Russian sat days.  Quite honestly, I think it's
rude and selfish that any person would not follow a gentleman's agreement
bandplan.  (Reminds me of a local guy about 15 years ago that would talk to
his buddies on 144.000 FM.)

It's sad, really.

John KB2HSH

--