[amsat-bb] Crossed or not crossed is the question

Chris Bloy chris at photofuture.co.uk
Mon Sep 17 11:22:55 PDT 2007

Hi All,

Ok, I have struggled to get my hands on an Arrow antenna for love nor money!
So, I did get a Maldol non-crossed Yagi for playing with the birds. Its all
on the same plane, and the 70cms starts at the 2m Driven element, its
receive is excellent and cannot complain on this front.

My question to you guy is, that after i bought this one, I thought that it
would be hard to operate in full duplex mode as i almost get cross talk on
the 70cm side. Does this not happen on a crossed boomed yagi like the arrow?
Should i still invest in an arrow when i find one, as AMSAT UK doesn’t know
when they will get any.

All the best,

Chris – M0DQO

IO90KU