[amsat-bb] Re: LoTW: grid squares [was: ISS a Satellite or an airplane?]

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sat Sep 15 16:27:09 PDT 2007

On Sep 15, 2007, at 9:11 AM, John Mock KD6PAG wrote:

> It seems that LoTW insists that grid squares be four or six characters
> long.  So, how would i denote my operations from 38N0'0.00 118W0'0.00
> (DM07/08/17/18)?  Can anyone help me out on this one?

I think LoTW is a nice beta.  They really should release the full
version now.  LOL!

Grid squares should have always been a column in that DB with
multiple entries tied to the contact unique ID.  They made it a
single field.

It's an example of:  Once you screw up designing the DB schema, it's
screwed up for life.  :-)

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
nate at natetech.com