[amsat-bb] ISS Doppler with SATPC32ISS

9w2qc@9w2qc.net 9w2qc at 9w2qc.net
Sat Sep 15 09:19:16 PDT 2007

Dear All,

Greetings from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

I have been trying to use SATPC32ISS with my ICOM IC-910H for ISS tracking.
Antenna and doppler tracking has went on smoothly using the built in serial
ports on my PC.  It is also possible to track ISS's in band doppler (on 2M,
TX and RX) and inhibit doppler change during TX by connecting ACC pin 3 to
Serial pin 8.

Everything is fine, until I attempt to connect the transceiver to my
laptop.  Unfortunately, my laptop does not have serial port, so I have no
choice but to use a USB-Serial converter.  At first, the frequency changes
perfectly.  However, once I key PTT, no further changes takes place.
Although, SATPC32ISS still keeps the transceiver in split mode.

Once, I disable and re-enable CAT function, everything becomes back to
normal.  I am just wondering and would be glad if anyone has found a
solution to this.

Thank you very much in advance, and a great weekend to all.

73,
Sion Chow Q. C.,
9W2QC.