[amsat-bb] Re: AO7 Info for kb2hsh

Reicher, James JReicher at hrblock.com
Fri Sep 14 05:34:01 PDT 2007

I've worked Mode A on AO7 with an 817 and had similar results.  I added
a 30 watt amplifier and it was enough.

My suggestions are to add an amp and (if possible) upgrade your antenna
to a yagi, at least 5 elements.

BTW, I've got an RF Concepts RFC 2-23 available for sale... 2 watts in,
30 out, with built-in pre-amp.  I don't have my 817 anymore so this is
surplus to me.

73 de N8AU, Jim in Raymore, MO

Light travels faster than sound...  This is why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak.