[amsat-bb] Todays ISS Voice pass Sept 12 14:59 today.

MM ka1rrw at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 07:15:49 PDT 2007

ISS Amateur Radio Status: September 12, 2007
By Miles Mann WF1F,

MAREX-MG News	www.marexmg.org

Manned Amateur Radio Experiment

International Space Station, Voice link, September 12,
2007 Wednesday
Starting at 14:59 UTC
Ending approximately at 15:09 UTC

For the next few weeks the crew of the International
Space Station will be treating Short-Wave-Listeners
and Amateur radio operators to live down links from
ISS via the Amateur Radio station on ISS.  The crew
will be conducting Weekly radio links to schools in
North America.  Everyone is invited to listen to the
down links.

See Path below

This week Short-wave-Listeners and amateur radio
operators will be able to listen to the ISS via
amateur radio directly.  Listeners living within 500+
miles of one of the cities below should be able to
hear the signals directly with a simple scanner or
other VHF receiver (an outside antenna is recommended
0 dBd gain or better).  ISS will be transmitting on
145.800 FM (5 kHz deviation).  You will only be able
to here one side of the conversation, since the school
will be transmitting on an undisclosed uplink
frequency (VHF or UHF).

If you do not have a tracking program, here is a live
link to NASA that will show you where ISS is located.

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/tracking/index.html

Tips on listening:
http://www.marexmg.org/fileshtml/issvoicetips.html

Link to Audio files from Previous school schedules.
All files recorded directly off the air via a public
Amateur Radio down link frequency.
http://www.marexmg.org/fileshtml/issaudiofiles.html

Current ISS Crew Members as of  August 2007

The new crew #15 consist of:
Commander Fyodor Yurchikhin
Flight Engineer Oleg Kotov
Flight Engineer Clay Anderson

Times listed in Boston Mass EDT

3. ISS (ZARYA)
edt Date  Time Azim/Elev  Distance Direction  Nearest
City..
12Sep2007 1101  303/   0   84.5 km  ENE  of  Winnipeg,
MB
12Sep2007 1102  303/   2   86.5 km  East of  Kenora,
ON
12Sep2007 1102  303/   4  120.3 km  WNW  of  Thunder
Bay, ON
12Sep2007 1103  303/   7  112.5 km  East of  Thunder
Bay, ON
12Sep2007 1103  303/  10  245.2 km  SSE  of  Longlac,
ON
12Sep2007 1104  303/  14  135.8 km  WNW  of  Sudbury,
ON
12Sep2007 1104  303/  19   75.4 km  ESE  of  Sudbury,
ON
12Sep2007 1105  303/  27  150.8 km   NW  of  Kingston,
ON
12Sep2007 1105  303/  40   80.0 km  East of  Kingston,
ON
12Sep2007 1106  301/  61   69.6 km   NE  of  Troy, NY
12Sep2007 1106  141/  85   11.3 km  West of
Braintree, MA
12Sep2007 1107  127/  54  165.1 km  ESE  of  New
Bedford, MA
12Sep2007 1107  126/  35  372.4 km  ESE  of  New
Bedford, MA
12Sep2007 1108  125/  24  565.2 km South of  Yarmouth,
NS
12Sep2007 1108  125/  17  606.6 km  NNE  of  Hamilton,
Bermuda
12Sep2007 1109  125/  13  543.2 km   NE  of  Hamilton,
Bermuda
12Sep2007 1109  125/   9  556.8 km  ENE  of  Hamilton,
Bermuda
12Sep2007 1110  125/   6  642.4 km  ENE  of  Hamilton,
Bermuda
12Sep2007 1110  125/   3  776.6 km  East of  Hamilton,
Bermuda
12Sep2007 1111  125/   1  938.6 km  East of  Hamilton,
Bermuda