[amsat-bb] Re: Rotators

Gary "Joe" Mayfield gary_mayfield at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 10 20:00:23 PDT 2007

Eric,

     They are single plane rotors, so you would need two.  There are many
ways to control them.  If you look at

http://www.rotorservice.com/press3-alliance.htm

Near the bottom of the page is a picture of two rotors combined for AZ/EL
along with the links to how several people have made it work.  The U-100/110
do not have feed back pots so you either need to be creative or buy what
someone else has done.  There is no real need for computer control.  Years
ago we made lots of contacts and no one used computer control.

The Orbit 360 rotor has been used by many folks as well.  These are the
budget solutions.  More work but less cash involved.  In my opinion if you
want to rotate even a small dish this is NOT the way to go, but it will work
fine for some fairly large 2 mtr and 70cm satellite Yagis.

73,
Joe kk0sd