[amsat-bb] Home brewing El. Az. rotators

Tony VK5ZAI hutch at electric-web.org
Mon Sep 10 18:50:08 PDT 2007

Hi Guys,
Seems a lot of talk about rotators lately, have you thought about
building up your own, I did this around 15 years ago and the system has
never been switched off apart from twice when moving QTH and the
occasional service, greasing etc. My present QTH is 300 yds from the
Southern Ocean and we get some almighty winds in the winter but it keeps
on going. It's driven by 2 windshield wiper motors and constructed of
parts that can generally be scrounged from vehicle and machinery junk
yards etc. You will require a small welder to put it together and access
to a lathe but really there's no great precision required in it's
construction. I've described it's construction on my web site listed
below. hopefully it will be of interest to some of you.

--
Regards Tony.  VK5ZAI

J.A.(Tony)Hutchison
P.O.Box 470 Kingston SE