[amsat-bb] FW: : [STXARES] PR- Seeking someone that heard Sputnik

Andrew.MacAllister@EmersonProcess.com Andrew.MacAllister at EmersonProcess.com
Thu Sep 6 07:01:02 PDT 2007

If you have input, please respond to W5lhc01 at gmail.com .

----- Original Message -----
From: Lee
To: traviscountyares at yahoogroups.com ; austinhams at yahoogroups.com ;
STXARES at yahoogroups.com
Cc: Jwgadus at aol.com ; E. Ray Taylor ; Joe Fisher ; Roger Wines ; Steven
Polunsky ; Stuart Rohre ; Tom Whiteside ; wb5aoh at arrl.net ; Joe Canfield
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 12:38 PM
Subject: [STXARES] PR- Seeking someone that heard Sputnik

I have been contacted by a reporter that will be doing a story soon on
50th anniversary of the launch of Sputnik 1(October 4th).  He would like
try and locate any hams that may have actually successfully attempted to

listen for the Sputnik.  Forgive my satellite ignorance here, but since
Sputnik is not a ham sat, I am assuming it still put out some telemetry
other signals that may have been capable of being received by either
or shortwave radios?

If you, or someone you know, did this please let me know and I will hook
up with said reporter.

Please feel free to forward this request to any specific reflectors or
lists that you may be part of.

Lee Cooper, W5LHC
W5lhc01 at gmail.com

Lee Cooper, W5LHC
Public Information Coordinator, South Texas Section