[amsat-bb] AO-7, frequencies

Dave Guimont dguimon1 at san.rr.com
Sun Sep 2 21:41:18 PDT 2007

I don't remember who asked the question, but I got on AO7 tonite
~1255z 3 sep 07 to ascertain the frequencies.  Someone made the
comment that they were quite far from the posted.

Not true....Accounting for doppler, of course, they are amazingly
close to what they were when I first got on in 1980, and what they
were in 2004 when it "came back to life".....I haven't been on for
months so thought I would respond to his question...Nominal
432.150(lsb) up, 145.950(usb) up......

It took amazingly little power, I estimate about 3 watts , up the
pipe, from my ICOM 910. (as low as I can crank the output!).... And I
thank those that answered, but could not get ANY callsigns for
certain, tho I heard my own callsign clearly, to confirm the
frequencies, and I thank them...for their response..

BUT.....some dork running tons of power managed to overpower us at
every attempt...deliberately??? or otherwise...

First time I've had that happen in over 27 years of satellite
operation...where do these guys come from??

            73, Dave wb6llo at amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....

               Pulling for P3E...