[amsat-bb] Mode-A

John Hackett archie.hackett at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 2 01:31:15 PDT 2007

Hi All,
        I confirm AO-7 was in mode-A on orbit 50087 today, Sunday 02-09-07.

The two stations eagerly waiting in the wings to jump out and say ... 'I
told you so' ... relax !, I've got it ... ONE OF LA2QAA's EARLIER ASSUMTIONS
WAS WRONG ... an actual human error no less.

Signals this morning were "weak & watery" ... (I heard nobody else in the
passband).

It will be interesting to see if the activity is almost zero in mode-A
vis-a-vis mode-B as it has been on previous occasions.

After the "referendum" ... (G1WPR and K3SZH and one other station took the
trouble to reply) ...
the AO-7 log will remain unchanged. Like the other station said, everybody
can see who fills out the log incorrectly.

73 John.   <la2qaa at amsat.org>