[amsat-bb] Re: Weather Effect

David Donaldson wb7dru at usfamily.net
Tue Nov 27 16:37:06 PST 2007

What you want to look for is the propagation effects of weather on the
frequencies you are using on the satellite.  ARRL has some info on its
site for 2 meter and UHF.  There are other sites that focus on microwave
freqs such as 1.2 and 2.4 Ghz.  As you found googling "sats and wx" are
going to bring up sites related to
geostationary sats.
The weather effects will be the same between sats and terrestial use.
It is possible to have weather caused refraction on your up link or
downlink causing the signal strength to be have higher loss then normal
line of sight.
Hope my ramblings help.

Sent with Wireless Sync from Verizon Wireless by DAVE
Amateur radio: WB7DRU
Navy Mars: NNN0AXK