[amsat-bb] The solution.

John Hackett archie.hackett at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 24 22:53:34 PST 2007

       Having often operated from the eastern part of Norway for many years with as daily temperature of minus 35 degrees in February - I have a little 'experience' from cold climates.

(Incidentally, I used the same rotor).

The long term solution is to change the grease to one that can tolerate the temperature and to mount a "motor warmer".

I used the heating element from a kettle. It keeps the rotor nice and warm in the winter ... but increases your electricity bill ...
horses for courses ...

I CC'd this to the amsat-bb in case there are a few up in Washington State with the same dilemma.

73 John.   <la2qaa at amsat.org>