[amsat-bb] Re: new to amsat

truckwiz truckwiz at bwig.net
Sat Nov 24 03:49:34 PST 2007

My goal is to be able to control a robot from a satellite, I'm with a group
that is trying to compete in the lunar X prize, here's a video of our
earthbound test rover. Also what would be the best transmitter & receiver to
buy for this goal?


Thanks Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Ramirez [mailto:jramirez at wheatonparks.org] 
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2007 10:58 PM
To: truckwiz; amsat-bb at amsat.org
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] new to amsat

Yes.  You need to have a amateur radio license for the bands you wish to
work, specifically the "uplinks".  For example if you wanted to work some of
the LEO satellites like AO-51, SO-50, etc. you need at least a "technician"
class license.  Take a look at ARRL's information as to what bands you can
operate with which license (see:

Information about the amateur satellites in operation can be found at

Next question?  :-)


-----Original Message-----
From: amsat-bb-bounces at amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces at amsat.org] On
Behalf Of truckwiz
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2007 8:59 PM
To: amsat-bb at amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] new to amsat


 This will be the first of probably 1000 questions. Do I need licenses to
work with amsat satellites?

Thanks, Brian

Sent via AMSAT-BB at amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the author.
Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
Subscription settings: http://amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb

More information about the AMSAT-BB mailing list