[amsat-bb] Re: TNC Recommendation

Mark L. Hammond n8mh at embarqmail.com
Thu Nov 15 10:46:51 PST 2007

Hi John,

Living in the US makes buying an overseas satellite-ready tnc (or dsp based modem/tnc) quite expensive these days.

Right now, I'd put 2 at the top of my list (either one is fine, user choice):

The Paccomm Spirit-2 *Satellite model* (good to 38k4 packet!)

The Kantronics KPC-9612+ (also good to 38k4!)

The poor exchange rates and international shipping make the other choices MUCH more expensive for something you really may never need.  You can run 9600 baud digital birds just fine with either unit.  And, if you get hooked ;)  they will move up to 38k4 packet when you're ready.

My $0.02 :)

Maybe I'll see you Sunday at JARSFEST!!!  Hoping to attend.

TNC Reccomendation