[amsat-bb] Re: Wind Turbine Interference?

Dave Guimont dguimon1 at san.rr.com
Sun Nov 4 16:28:58 PST 2007

>Wind Turbines are a threat to Homeland Defense. They can produce large Blind
>Spots on Radars - above, infront and behind them - so yes they can cause
>problems to RF signals.
>Effects of Windfarms on Radar

That is some pretty good stuff for higher powered xmitters...But I
doubt there is any instrument sensitive enuff to measure the
reflection potential from any satellite we will ever launch, and the
"shadow" that it would cause on a LEO is in less than a
second...HEO's may take a little longer....

This is conjecture based on my HS physics...I would appreciate
comments from any of the many engineering experts we have on here...

            73, Dave wb6llo at amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....

               Pulling for P3E...