[amsat-bb] Re: Upcoming Cubesat Launch

Jonathan Wagner jonathan at jonathanwagner.net
Mon Mar 26 15:57:06 PST 2007

G0MRF at aol.com wrote:
> Can anyone confirm that Cape 1 sends a combination
> of 9600 packet and CW transmissions?
> _http://ulcape.org/wiki/CAPE1_Telemetry_
> (http://ulcape.org/wiki/CAPE1_Telemetry)
> I don't have 9600 but I can do CW !
> Lets hope the launch delay is not too long
> Regards
> David G0MRF

During normal modes of operation, CAPE-1 will transmit a CW telemetry
beacon once a minute with a 9600 baud transmission, also once a minute
but interleaved with the CW.  So, CAPE-1 will transmit a CW beacon and
then 30 seconds later transmit a series of 9600 baud AX.25 packets.
During low power modes the satellite will first drop out high speed
packets (CW only with a one minute spacing) and later start spacing out
the CW beacon.  As per http://ulcape.org/wiki/CAPE1_Telemetry it will
take three CW beacons or one high speed transmission to get a complete
health "snapshot" of the satellite and we will appreciate anyone copying CW.

Jonathan Wagner, KE5FSG