[amsat-bb] Re: FD Contacts

Bill Acito W1PA w1pa at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 28 12:41:51 PDT 2007

Personally, and with all due respect, I think that even suggesting the use

of any single or dual channel voice satellite during FD is fundamentally
flawed, on

equal status with suggesting next year FD be held on 60M alone.

You can put a glass of water on a table in front of 5 people, and they know

is a reasonable expectation they will get a sip, and act accordingly to each

Put the same glass in front of 100, and they know there is reasonable

they will not, and their management of the situation will change
accordingly. Regardless

of the "rules".

I acknowledge the importance of a satellite presence during FD, but I
question the benefit to

AMSAT and to the rest of the satellite community by openly advertising and

"100 people a sip from a glass of water", and letting the rest of the ham
community at

FD watch what ensues. Think for a moment....  what did the non-satellite ops

your site think?

Does anyone really believe that a tweak or a clarification of the rules will

the situation next year?

Bill W1PA

(whose last satellite FD was on AO40; patiently waiting for the next HEO