[amsat-bb] W3PM on AO-51

Hakan Harrysson sm7wsj at telia.com
Sun Jul 22 02:47:46 PDT 2007

Hello!

I got the idea to try out my portable setup this sunday and took out my VX-5 with handheld Arrow antenna. I worked a couple of EU stations and after that  to my surprise i heard W3PM/MM who came back to me on first call.  He was operating from Queen mary 2   http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Queen_Mary_2   (if i heard right,,)   and  was located in HN58.

Pretty cool contact between two portable stations and it shows the performance of the satellite.

(With this small tiny equipment it is possible to work a lot on satellite.)

73 Hakan SM7WSJ