[amsat-bb] Re: Yaesu 5500 rotor problem

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at amsat.org
Wed Jul 11 18:17:49 PDT 2007

All:
I had same problem with a G5400 several years ago.

I was able to REPAIR the position pot by resoldering the the very
flexible lead to the center.  I then used a piece of tape to act as a
strain relief so that the torque and motion would NOT be transmitted to
the solder joint, but would be absorbed over the length of the wire.  It
has worked fine ever since.

Good luck!
73,
Jim