[amsat-bb] Mounting Elevation part of g-5500

Michael Wolthuis wolthui3 at msu.edu
Mon Jul 9 14:48:47 PDT 2007

Quick question on mounting a g-5500 elevation router.  Does it matter
which way you mount it or can you set the controller to know where it
is?  This is a little hard to explain, but I want to mount it so the
mass of the controller is horizontal to the ground, not vertical like
when the az/el are package together.  If I do this, will I be able to
set the antennas somehow so the controller knows where they are or
does it determine that on its own?

If I mount it wrong and the controller can not be told where it is
(ie. calibrated) then all of my degrees would be off by 90 because I
am mounting the elevation portion horizontal instead of vertical.

I hope this question makes sense, but I don't want to assemble it all
up high and then findout it doesn't work as planned.

Thanks for any input!

Mike
kb8zgl