[amsat-bb] Re: Future radical satellite designs

Patrick McGrane N2OEQ at aceweb.com
Sun Jul 8 09:40:09 PDT 2007

hi maggie- sorry for being short with you. Thank you for the more detailed
posting. For low power sleep mode or standby of control electronics, super
capacitors become more practical and longer lasting than batteries. I
believe someone in the group has or is experimenting with supercaps.

One possible group to approach for inclusion of an auxilliary payload is
NOAA since they are prolific satellite builders and have a preexisting
relationship with the amateur community. Take care, pat