[amsat-bb] Re: ISS Not A Satellite WAS: Satellites and the LoTW

Cathryn Mataga cathrynm at junglevision.com
Sat Jan 27 10:50:23 PST 2007

 >ARRL should recognize the ISS as a country. That would
>> stir up the pot.  If Scarborough reef is a country, then why can't
>> the ISS be a country?
> You mean s DXCC Entity not a country - DXCC Entities are artificial creations
> that have nothing to do with countries, that's why there are 200 more DXCC
> Entities than countries.

Yeah, DXCC entity,   It would have to be done carefully in order to prevent
DX-crazy hams from hounding the astronauts off the band.   But if
someone wanted
to pay the Russians the X-million dollars to go up there to operate a
this would be keeping with the spirit of DXCC I believe.   Seems to me the
international nature of the space station gives it kind of  'DXCC
nature, however the specific rules are lawyered.