[amsat-bb] Peheunsat-1 over West Malaysia

Sion Chow Q. C. (9W2QC) 9w2qc at 9w2qc.net
Fri Jan 19 08:38:15 PST 2007

Dear All,

This evening (19th January 2007) at 2222 hours Malaysian Standard Time or
1422 hours UTC, I had a 62 degree pass of Peheunsat-1 over West Malaysia.
As I was in the shack during the pass, I decided to track this satellite and
am pleased to report a successful reception of Peheunsat-1.  Below are three
voice recordings heard on 145.825 MHz +/-:

Unfortunately, the audio level of the 1200 baud packet was too low, and I
did not manage to decode anything.  I have the complete pass recording in
wav format, if it may be of use to anyone.

Equipment used were ICOM IC-910H, 10 Element 2M yagi, SSB SP-2000 Preamp.

Thank you and have a nice weekend to everyone.

Sion Chow Q. C.,

Checked by AVG Free Edition.