[amsat-bb] Re: Icom PCR-1000 PC controlled receiver

Anthony Monteiro aa2tx at comcast.net
Fri Feb 9 15:23:35 PST 2007

Hi Bob,

You can always use an RS-232 to RS-485 converter and go a few
thousand feet. If you don't want to build one, lots of companies
sell them in the $100-$200 ramge. I think even Radio Shack has
them although I don't know the exact specs on theirs.

Here is a company that makes several versions - 115K bps up
to 4000':

Tony AA2TX