[amsat-bb] Re: RX only satellite?

Luc Leblanc lucleblanc6 at videotron.ca
Tue Feb 6 13:42:51 PST 2007

On 6 Feb 2007 at 12:28, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> There may be a Satellite opportunity for a ham radio RX only
> payload.
> No TX allowed.
> Any ideas?  It will be recoverd one year later.
> All I can come up with is a satellite band moniitor that scans
> the satellte bands and makes a one year survey of QRM and stores
> it in flash.  That is, recording frequency and signal strength
> and position for a year.
> Problem is, I cannot figure out how we could use the data to
> tell the good guys from the bad guys so it wouldn't tell us much
> I don't think?
> Any other ideas for a RX only space application?  Of educational
> interest?  Anyone interesetd in developing the band monitor
> payload?
> Bob, WB4APR
The icom PCr-1000 software come with a DTMF software decoder. If a terrestrial
station sends a burst of DTMF tones at the key up identifying their station
could be there is a way to pin point a QRM source by elimination.

This system will required each station to provide a way to inject theses DTMF
code at the start of each transmission.

Some police radio system used this system to ID their police car.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE