[amsat-bb] h/t advice

David Worboys m0zlb at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 18 07:01:21 PST 2007

I would appreciate a bit of advice concerning h/t's?
  I spoke with Icom US who admitted that despite the current adverts claiming the IC-91A/D is the replacement to the W32A, its not - no full duplex for a start!
  So, I have the E or T90 which on the back of a bit of research I now find that by selecting "split" in the menu options, I can listen on 440 and transmit on 144 - its not full duplex I know, but for the FM birds (and coupled with an arrow type antenna), can I make this radio work on the birds?
  Thanks in advance