[amsat-bb] Re: Where can I buy pre-made feedline?

Steve Meuse smeuse at mara.org
Wed Dec 5 07:41:32 PST 2007

Edward Cole expunged (kl7uw at acsalaska.net):

> One reason to use N-connectors is that they assemble with the 9913
> and LMR-400 foil shielded cables without need for soldering.   Either
> the traditional compression-clamp style or crimp style do not require
> soldering the shield.  The benefit is a better designed RF connector
> will less impedance "bump".

I tend to use LMR-400 and LMR-400UF for most projects, even at HF. I'm seriously considering purchasing a complete toolset from Times Microwave for terminating connectors. The tools are expensive, but there is nothing like knowing you have a solid cable.

Times Microwave has some great videos on their site showing proper installation of connectors, it's worth watching even if you don't plan on buying their tools.