[amsat-bb] Successful contact at last

Jonny 290 jonny290 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 00:27:24 PST 2007

Finally nailed my first satellite QSO today on the evening pass of AO-51
with NK0Z. Quite tickled; i've found that I can copy fine from about 5-30
degrees elevation; above that I'm losing some. I am thinking of building an
eggbeater and switching to it on high elevations as I think the 6 element
beams I have might have too narrow beamwidth to get away without either that
or an elevation rotor, which isn't really an option right now.

Hope to land some more QSO's this weekend!