[amsat-bb] AO-7 Distance Record.

John Hackett archie.hackett at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 25 10:19:10 PDT 2007

Hi Mak,
           I believe I broke the AO-7 distance record this morning with a
QSO with Patrick K9HF in Madison, Ohio, EM48UN.

EM48UN to Frei Island JP33WB is just over 7800Km according to your DX

Unfortunately, the e-mails I tried sending to Patrick at his address on
QSL-COM and Amsat.org have all bounced so unless he reads this and contacts
me with his QSL I cannot confirm the contact.

Just like the one I had on FO-20 with Japan some years ago ... for the
longest distance LEO DX QSO.

However ... I presume you have seen the cards from AL7JK ??.

I've attached my own card for this mornings QSO with K9HF.

If K9HF ... (or anyone else) ... contacts me with his e-mail address I'll
let you know.

73 John.   <la2qaa at amsat.org>