[amsat-bb] Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45G question

TexasRF@aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Wed Aug 15 07:11:41 PDT 2007

I can help with this question:
Glen Martin no longer offers a thrust bearing. They are suggesting use of a
Yaesu GS065 as a substitute.
The 45AG4 and BPL45G both have a 3" i.d. hole where the bearing mounts.
Neither the old Glen Martn bearing or the GS065 will properly cover a hole this
size and you would also have to drill new mounting holes. The Rohn TB3 and TB4
fit without any modifications.
The azimuth rotor part of a Yaesu G5500 will fit the AS455G rotor plate
without modifications. You will need a Yaesu separation kit to mount the
elevation part of the G5500 to a mast above the top of the tower.
If you have any questions about any of this please call me at 800 272  3467.
Gerald Williamson K5GW
Texas Towers
In a message dated 8/14/2007 9:50:57 P.M. Central Daylight Time,