[amsat-bb] Re: IRB's and Satellites.

Simon Brown (HB9DRV) simon at hb9drv.ch
Fri Apr 27 00:21:59 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Davis" <jl.davis at gmail.com>

> If the goal is to learn how to build a groundstation and then optimize it
> for use with satellites, then I'm not sure this will do that (unless of
> course you are the one building the station).

FWIW I am hoping that a current project takes off where I will be
responsible for the computer / internet side.

A well-situated 10m dish will be used for EME and satellites, if I get my
act together (and get an excellent web-programmer friend interested) then it
will be available via internet with both audio and video feeds.

I do agree that the most interesting thing about satellites is building a
station (and writing the software).

Myself I am looking forward to P3E to use from home.

http://www.hb9drv.ch/webcam.htm

Simon HB9DRV