[amsat-bb] Re: Any interested in a MODERATED AMSAT-BB?

Luc Leblanc lucleblanc6 at videotron.ca
Thu Apr 26 12:47:00 PDT 2007

On 26 Apr 2007 at 11:48, Dave hartzell wrote:

> Hello fellow AMSAT-BBers-
>
> I am a firm believer in Human rights and free speech, but I also do
> not appreciate the politically oriented, off-topic posts that occur
> frequently on this list.  I get enough junk email!
>
> As an attempt to keep down the noise, I propose a moderated list.
> This list will contain FACTUAL information and discussions related to
> Amateur radio satellites.  Posts based on personal political and
> religious opinions will not be permitted.  ALL are welcome to join the
> list with the agreement that their posts will be subject to
> moderation.  It is even possible that the moderated list can subscribe
> to the AMSAT-BB list (with the caveat that the AMSAT-BB messages will
> be moderated before showing up on the new list).
>
> If there is enough interest, we can organize this option, and select a
> GROUP of moderators.  Please drop me a note on your opinion of this
> list.
>
> 73s,
> Dave
> N0TGD

I suggest this numerous time but all my request has been turn down and i even
suggested the posting should be restricted to AMSAT members only and again my
request has been turn down.

I agree with the rules when you wrote on a public forum there is restrictions
and your text should be in their guide-lines here is some of them

No politics
No military related text
No patriotic related text
No business related text
No sexual or pornographic text
No religious related text
No direct attack or insulting text

Now who will be the judge!

I vote for Joe Brown or Judge Judy.

P.S. if North Korea or China was named instead of the USA could be this sudden
desire to have the BB moderated will never come out!

I suggest to name me as moderator :)

"-"
that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE