[amsat-bb] Partable thoughts and transatlantic QSO via FO-29

i8cvs domenico.i8cvs at tin.it
Sat Apr 14 11:24:22 PDT 2007

Hi Tony, N2UN

Congratulations for your transatlantic QSO both on CW and SSB via
FO-29 orbit 52631 between your FN30AS and my JN70ES ( 7101.9 km )
only using  20 watt and a 4 elements yagi on your partable setup.

Beginning from 16:31:30 to 16:33:00 UTC your CW signal was very
clear at 435.840 MHz with no QSB or interference and you were Q5 all
the way.

Tanks to Frank IW4DVZ leaving free the frequency to me for this
experiment.

When I requested you to switch in SSB I was able to get your very clear
replay 2 kHz upper than CW between 16:33:00 to 16:34:00 UTC up to
the satellite LOS when you says to me " I  get problems with headphone
and microphone............! !"

You are right Tony .......because the SSB QSO was not scheduled at all
and even that on CW was in doubt of a success.Anyway I could hear that
 you were there in SSB with a clear signal and we will try again only in SSB
on the next opportunity.

Just after my first CW call for you Tony from 16:30 to 16:31 UTC I got an
SSB answere from Clare VE3NPC but I apologise Clare it was a Q5 QSO
with you in a hurry because of the sked with Tony.

73" de

i8CVS Domenico