[amsat-bb] Hamsat 2nd birthday

Prathap Kumar vu2pop at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 00:55:56 PDT 2007

Hi All
Hamsat will be be celebrating its 2nd birthday on 5 May, completing 2 years
of healthy & successful operation rendered to Hams worldwide.
ISRO and Amsatindia plan to celebrate event with one day seminar planned
during the week May 7-11.
One day programme  9AM - 3 PM.
No Fee but Registration is a MUST.

Tentative programmes have been discussed
a) ISTRAC report of the Hamsat
b) User reports and experiences.
c) To promote new comers on easy satellite operation.
    Display, demo and talk on the equipments required for easy operation of
satellite.
d) Proposal for the Hamsat 2 , with higher orbit and innovative features.

We shall be announcing the final programme soon.

Anyone willing to present a talk or demo , display should sent complete
details of the talk or demo etc , before 21 April 2007

However we request those willing to attend the seminar to confirm by email
with complete address, tel / mob nos, email ids etc.
Please note that due to security reasons all registrations should be
complete and received before 30 April.

I know last year most the DX hams were interested too , but this time I
think there maybe little time for them to prepare their travel,  however DX
hams in VU around that time can reschedule to attend the seminar.
DX hams attending should send scanned copy of their passport. ( subject to
security clearance by ISRO )

DX and VU hams hams can also send their reports and experiences to
reports at amsat.in which have been forwarded to the Hamsat Project director
and Mission management team.

You are welcome to join our discussion group  amsatindia at yahoogroups.com by
sending in your ham profile.
So looking forward to the Hamsat 2nd birthday & great eyeball.
Best 73
Pop
VU2POP
Secy Amsat India regd.