[amsat-bb] Re: Radiation Belt Remediation (RBR)

Nate Duehr nate@natetech.com
Thu Aug 17 01:29:07 PDT 2006

On Aug 16, 2006, at 3:13 PM, Ciprian Sufitchi wrote:

> Hello,
> I thought this might be an interesting article. The subject could
> involve
> Amateur Satellite communications too.
> http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/08/15/2/?nc=1
> Thanks,
> 73s de Chip N2YO

This guy commenting on the Slashdot article (released one day earlier
- ARRL was also slow, if that matters), did some homework, and he's
pretty convinced the New Zealand school is just fear-mongering:

He links to the two real research articles from the government, and
he's not even a journalist -- just a curious person who took five
minutes to actually research the story.

ARRL links to nothing, and has some "expert" (N0AX) stating "Yeah,
I'm not sure where they'd put the antennas!"

Looks to me like ARRL got played, and is just repackaging the
school's press release as a news article, without doing their homework.

Nate Duehr - WY0X