[amsat-bb] HITSAT heard in CW mode over West Malaysia

Sion Chow Q. C. (9W2QC) 9w2qc at 9w2qc.net
Wed Sep 27 04:28:55 PDT 2006

Hello All,

Today, 27th September 2006 at 1048 Hours UTC, I had a 27 degree pass of
HITSAT over West Malaysia.

I am very happy to announce that I heard its CW signal on 437.275 MHz +/- as
soon as the satellite was about 0.3 degrees in elevation.  This is also the
first time I am hearing a signal from this satellite.

I have recorded the entire pass and those who are interested may download
the MP3 recording at http://www.9w2qc.net/hitsat/hitsat.mp3.  The size of
this file is about 5.2 MB and is about 11 minutes in duration.

I was using Object-B keps (29480) as announced by Mineo-San (JE9PEL)

Equipments used were ICOM IC-910H and 2 x Diamond A430S15 (15 Element) UHF
Yagi, Vertically Polarized.  Unfortunately, my preamp has failed to work, so
no preamp was used to copy this signal.

Sion Chow Q. C.,

Checked by AVG Free Edition.