[amsat-bb] Symposium Information - BOFS
emily at planetemily.com
Mon Sep 25 16:57:51 PDT 2006
For those of you who are attending the Symposium there is a new
feature we are going to try this year called BOFS - Birds Of a
Feather Sessions. BOFS are generally free-form meetings that are
held after-hours and may be called by anyone wishing to start a
discussion group. They have been common at software conferences I've
gone to in the past and were very popular. An example of a BOF for
the AMSAT Symposium might be to start a discussion about
I have set aside two rooms (one holding 12 people, another holding
20) beginning at 6pm on Friday evening.
The procedure is pretty straightforward:
1) Develop a title for your BOF - say "Homebrew Groundstation Antennas"
2) Estimate the amount of time you would like for your BOF - BOFS
usually last 30 minutes or an hour
3) Go to the registration desk and tell someone there that you want
to start a BOF. They will give you a flip-chart sized (2 foot by 3
foot) Post-It note and assign you a room and time.
4) Write your title, time and room on the large Post-It note and tack
it on the wall outside of the Symposium meeting room.
And that's it!
N1DID formerly W0EEC - CM87tm
Support Project OSCAR - http://www.projectoscar.net
More information about the AMSAT-BB