[amsat-bb] Re: Spare cycles for SETI

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE lucleblanc6 at videotron.ca
Wed Sep 20 19:05:41 PDT 2006

On 21 Sep 2006 at 8:18, Ellis family wrote:

> Hi, colleagues.
> Please consider making your spare computer cycles available to various
> "social engineering" efforts through BOINC http://boinc.berkeley.edu/  ,
> notably SETI http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/ . (instructions there to
> download the screensaver.)
> And if you are going to do that you might want to join the SETI Group called
> AMSAT led by Tom Clark W3IWI.
> http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=30247 (instructions
> there to join.)
> Best wishes,
> Peter
Considering the EIRP alien TX needed for a such intergalactic signal reception on earth and after
watching the Physicist Hubert Reeves giving a lecture on galactic X-rays emitting objects. I come
to the conclusion it is unlikely that we will be able to copy a such signal with the Arecibo radio
telescope and with our present technology.

I quit this SETI affair and i choose this one where i can have a real direct involvement. Here is
the link. You will now from this point searching for comet dust...

P.S. you need to pass a validation test and a good vision is mandatory plus a lot of patience
that's why i believe this will fit all of the us in the amateur satellite community who are
endlessly waiting for each new satellite in the making... decade after decade!

The medium is the message...The content is the audience...;)

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
WAC basic,CW,Phone,Satellite
Skype VE2DWE