[amsat-bb] Re: APRS on ISS, PCSAT, and PCSAT2

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Sep 10 09:27:39 PDT 2006

> I can decode packets from PCSAT and PCSAT2, but never get a
> packet through either system.

Yes, but that is way overkill and reduces the probability of
PC2 and ISS only require the path VIA ARISS.  Using a D7 or D700
With it's short packets, makes for a packet only 25 or so bytes

Adding all those other hops fully DOUBLES your packet length and
halves your probbliity of success.  PCSAT itself requires the
path of VIA W3ADO-1 all the time when it is simi-operational.
We do reload it for VIA ARISS when we can command it, but that
is only during special winter-full-sun periods that last only a
few weeks.

Hope that helps
De WB4APR, Bob