[amsat-bb] Re: S-band on Eagle

GRAHAM SHIRVILLE g.shirville at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 8 01:50:15 PDT 2006

 Hi all,
  On this subject but coming from a slightly different angle I note that Paul Rinaldo is going to be speaking at the Symposium next month about
  "the Amateur-Satellite radiofrequency spectrum, its origins, the status of allocations and possibilities for improvement"
  It would seem that it might be a good opportunity to consider trying to obtain additional or alternative S band allocations for the amateur satellite service either just below or well away from the existing 2.4-2.45GHz one.
  Then we might be able to use our existing equipment in a lower noise environment?
  Yes - I know - many of us would still have to buy new crystals......
  Graham G3VZV