[amsat-bb] Re: S band downlink on P3E

SV1BSX sv1bsx at yahoo.gr
Thu Sep 7 15:10:47 PDT 2006

 Hello all,

 I agree also. In addition, don't forget a great benefit of S-band downlink:

the antenna is just a TVRO dish + a patch (or small helix), with great
I remember the good old days of AO-40, it was possible to access the
just by using  a small 10 el. Yagi for Uplink and a small Dish for
 The "monster" VHF-UHF crossed Yagi antennas for  AO-10 & 13  always was a
reason to discourage me from these birds.
In contrast, the simplicity of AO-40-gear was very attractive for me and I
believe for many other Hams. No Crossed-Yagis, no LNAs, no Coaxial relays
etc... Just a Dish, a feeder, a Downconverter and several meters of cheap
coaxial cable up to the shack!

 I think is wrong to exclude this band from Eagle even the WiFi is
grow-up... in any case we have already the S-band equipments and I don't
remember an easier way to receive a Satellite.

73, Mak SV1BSX

sv1bsx at yahoo.gr

LAN eMail-Server: This Email has been checked by NAV 2005
                                               Virus Free