[amsat-bb] Re: AO-27 status?

Patrick STODDARD (WD9EWK/VA7EWK) amsat-bb at wd9ewk.net
Tue Nov 14 18:50:07 PST 2006

Hola David!

> I am a AO-27 user from Madrid Spain.
> I remember some months ago I read a email telling that the AO-27 was
> going in eclipse and this email is to ask if the eclipse season is over.
> Is the satellite operative again?. If not... when the Control team
> expects to have it operative. I have tried this weekend with no success.
> My last QSO was in May 2006.

Apparently the AO-27 controllers have had problems trying to turn the
satellite back on, according to a posting on their web site from last
month.  Since the web site has no further update, it seems like they
may be continuing in their efforts to bring AO-27 back.

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix, Arizona USA