[amsat-bb] RAFT and ANDE IGating

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Dec 19 16:27:29 PST 2006

> Can someone remind me (again) what a satgate configuration
> should look like?  Isn't it a standard Igate connected
> to a particular APRS-IS server?

Actually, it is a standard Igate connected to your favorite
standard APRS server.  Since ALL of the packets from ANDE and
RAFT are all APRS packets, they should go directly into the
APRS-IS via what ever is best for you.  Though I welcome an
opinion by the APRS-IS folks.

We only set up the special SATgate servier for PCSAT-2 that had
a lot of 9600 baud science data that did not need to be flooded
into the APRS-IS.  But now, with ANDE and RAFT, it is all
standard APRS at 1200 baud, so it should be fine for the normal

So, all you have to do is QSY your Igate radio from the national
APRS frequecny to 145.825...

**** AND **** TURN OFF GATING TO RF *********  **** THIS IS

That should do it.